Feeling Validated

2:18 PM Jane Leu Rekas 1 Comments



How To Embrace Shame And Not 

Allow It To Make You Feel Ashamed

Brene' Brown


So you have no idea how validating it is to find your season, or perhaps you do?  If you're here, either I shared this side blog with you or you did a search for contrasting summer, or perhaps summer.  If you came from my other blog, EXPRESSING YOUR TRUTH, you know that I've been trying to figure out if I was a Type 2 or 4 for about two years.  Those are roughly equivalent to Summer and Winter.  I am so close that I couldn't accept one without the other, without feeling invalidated.  The contrasting part allows me to relax into being a Summer.  Also, I am really coming to realize that Type 2 is pretty equivalent to Soft Summer, so if you have more contrast than that, it won't feel right.


You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I've kind of been going through the same thing with the seasons and types. T2 feels right to me, but the soft summer palate, while generally good, isn't quite there. I, too, need more contrast, because my coloring (while not azure like yours, Jane; my hair and skin being similar to yours, but my eyes are gray-hazel) tends to lean more winterish.

    However, when feeling my way through winter colors, the super high contrast there always tends to be overwhelming to me, which moved me back into a soft summer type again. I'd even tried the idea of Soft/Toned Winter, but some of the jewel colors there also overwhelm. I can vouch for how awful it is to not know quite where you sit and feel as though you're always on the cusp of one season or the other.

    There was one thing that, just yesterday when I discovered it, made up my mind on where I ought to be. It was your article on your EYT blog entitled "Summer Children". When reading through the descriptions of personality traits, I immediately recognized myself. However, I also recognized a couple of winter traits as well (especially the bullheadishness and seriousness)...and suddenly it all fell into place. Yes, I can be both at once!

    I've therefore settled myself into 2/4 and Deep Soft Summer as where I feel most comfortable color-wise. Couldn't have done it without you! I will therefore be following this new blog as well as the EYT one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Find a Color Alliance Analyst