The Mystery was Solved: I'm a Contasting Azure Summer!!! or not?

7:33 PM Jane Leu Rekas 0 Comments

Sample Contrasting Imperial Winter
Update: Fran Muntz of Beauty for You NZ said I might be Contrasting Imperial Winter.

You can read part one of my story over at EXPRESSING YOUR TRUTH:  what I know about my type/season and how I determined it 

I had been searching for nearly two years to figure out what type/season I was, Summer or Winter? Type 2 or Type 4, as I felt 50/50.  So I was just analyzed online by a friend in my facebook group who is becoming a Color Alliance / Color Me Beautiful (formerly Beauty for All Seasons) analyst.  The results are that I am a Contrasting Azure Summer.
CONTRASTING "Your skin, hair, and eyes combine lights with darks. Your best color combinations are light and dark colors worn together with a bright accent. Your best single colors are dark or bright."
AZURE "Soft pink, tan, or ivory skin tones harmonize with muted brown hair from darkest through mid-range ash browns and rose- tinged brown. Eyes are from the purple-blue and blue range, whether powdery gray or deep and intense."
SUMMER "is your season name. It tells you your coloring is cool, muted, and refined. Your colors are slightly grayed or softened with blue undertones."




CONTRASTING AZURE SUMMER 
analysis done by Kathleen Moore Cook

my eye
The ring around my eye is charcoal grey or slate blue and would be my formal color or black.  The dark brown of my hair is my brown neutral and the highlights of my hair are my light neutral, currently rose.

IMPERIAL

Blue, purple-blue, and neutral gray-blue eye colors are a striking accent against neutral hair colors and low-chroma skin tones. Hair colors in the full neutral range from brown-black or jet black to silver-gray and platinum blonde blend with light skin tones in the olive-beige, ivory-tan range.

my Caygill Patrician Winter fan



The category of CONTRASTING solves so much for me.  I spent two years trying to figure out if I was a Summer or Winter.  Something did not fit with being completely subtle and blended.  But I was not sure that I was contrasting enough to be a Winter.  This combines the two in a way I am comfortable and happy with.  I can't wait to get my color palette, which will look something like this one.

So this blog will only be about my type/season and my feelings about getting comfortable with it (whereas my other blog is all research).  I'm inspired by other bloggers who actually write narratives about their experiences getting to know themselves through this exploration of fashion, color and self.  Generally, I don't write very personal or revealing posts.  In part this is due to having mild A.D.D.  My  mind is very busy and it hard to relax enough to compose.  My other blog is evidence of my Type 2 detailed and Type 4 thorough nature.  It's very busy and overly full, I'm aware of that.  But I can't bring myself to leave anything out.

And that's why I took so long to decide between Type 2 or Type 4, because to choose one felt like I was leaving the other out.  So now I feel like I can say "I am the type 4 of the Type 2's."
~Jane


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Find a Color Alliance Analyst