Soft, Subtle, Blended?

5:53 PM Jane Leu Rekas 0 Comments


So, until I hear otherwise, I can wear soft, grayed colors, slightly dusty, just not one color blended throughout the whole outfit.  It is better if I pair a light and dark color, with a bright accent...

So this means that many of my polyvores for Summer or Type 2, which indicate a monochromatic head to toe look, are essentially wrong for Contrasting Summer.
12 Season Cool Summer Palette
Here I show the Type 2 blended look of one tone in an outfit

Segerstrom suggests that Type 2 wear gradations
of the same closely related muted colors
Riter indicates that Summer wears shades of the same color
 When I started doing polyvores on the secondaries, I didn't specify, 
but increasing contrast could be one of the secondary 
design elements that a 4 brings to a dominant 2.
Here are a few systems where the second type isn't indicated to 
have to wear one color throughout the whole outfit.
Donner's Compassionate


Life in Color's Moon

Wright's Dreamlight




These polyvores, would just need a bright accent.



Thanks for visiting, Jane
Be sure to follow by email, enter over in sidebar

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Find a Color Alliance Analyst